My Little Corner of the Web

What does a 50-year old retiree do with her time? This is my little area to talk about thrifting, repurposing, cleaning, organizing, decorating, gardening, cooking, family, and whatever strange and unusual thoughts come to mind. My dd and ds have both moved out, so it is just DH and me living out here on 20 acres near a small town in Missouri. My sister-in-law and I are going to open a booth at a local fleamarket/antique mall, so I am excited to work on all kinds of fun projects :) I hope you enjoy and find something of interest.







Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Procrastination - can it come back to bite you?

Lately, Sunday has been my "veg on the computer and/or read day."  Since I haven't had to work this summer, I treated myself to that as long as everything was basically cleaned up.  This weekend, the house was basically clean, but I wanted to get some stuff  done upstairs.  I knew I had plans to go out Monday and Tuesday, but the rest of my week was free.  Therefore, I figured I could work on that stuff later in the week.  I proceeded to do very little on Sunday.  Tuesday I got a call to sub on Wednesday.  Today while subbing, they asked if I could sub on Thursday and Friday as well.  You know, money is money...

So, now all the things that needed to get done won't be getting done til this weekend.  This is why I should go ahead and do the work when I have the time.  HOWEVER>>>> I refuse to work all the time and worry about cleaning!  I am so over that!  My house is clean.  It gets messy in spots at time, but it's clean and organized.  Life is too short.  I should not feel guilty about spending a day relaxing and doing something I enjoy.  This is the mantra I'm trying to get into my head.  I have worked and mothered so long, I feel guilty if I'm not busy doing something.  Ridiculous.  Does anyone else ever feel this way?

No comments:

Post a Comment