My Little Corner of the Web

What does a 50-year old retiree do with her time? This is my little area to talk about thrifting, repurposing, cleaning, organizing, decorating, gardening, cooking, family, and whatever strange and unusual thoughts come to mind. My dd and ds have both moved out, so it is just DH and me living out here on 20 acres near a small town in Missouri. My sister-in-law and I are going to open a booth at a local fleamarket/antique mall, so I am excited to work on all kinds of fun projects :) I hope you enjoy and find something of interest.







Sunday, September 26, 2010

Inspiration

So I have done a lot more subbing lately than I had inticipated, but when I haven't been subbing, I've been cleaning, cleaning, organizing like crazy, and throwing out everything that doesn't belong!  Ok, not everything, but I've really put a dent in things.  I am in a groove!!  I've never been a "keeper," per se, but I figure you can always go through and get rid of stuff.  It is so freeing!

Anyway...We spent the weekend with the fam at ds's college for "family weekend," then we got back in time to watch our beloved KC CHIEFS go to 3-0 on the season by beating the 49ers!!!  So exciting to see them playing better.  The last few years have been so depressing (I may not have mentioned that I love football??)  After the game, I sat down at the computer (biiiiiig mistake...)  After reading my emails, I started looking at blogs.  I had one of those days where I probably looked at over 100 blogs.  I think I could read them all day!  I get so inspired.  I was going to work on cleaning tomorrow, but after all this reading, I'm ready to start doing some fall decorating.  I've never been much for doing much decorating for the seasons (except Christmas,) so I don't have much to work with.  Ahhh....I love a challenge.  Tomorrow I'm going to take some before and after pics so I can post them.  I'm going to try this with spending no money :)  I have been "shopping at my own house" lately, and I'm going to see what I can come up with.  We'll see what happens.  I will have pics up tomorrow :)  With temps that went from 90 last Monday to 50 as I write this...Fall is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment