My Little Corner of the Web

What does a 50-year old retiree do with her time? This is my little area to talk about thrifting, repurposing, cleaning, organizing, decorating, gardening, cooking, family, and whatever strange and unusual thoughts come to mind. My dd and ds have both moved out, so it is just DH and me living out here on 20 acres near a small town in Missouri. My sister-in-law and I are going to open a booth at a local fleamarket/antique mall, so I am excited to work on all kinds of fun projects :) I hope you enjoy and find something of interest.







Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I'm crafting! Film at 11 :)

Let me repeat what I've said before.  I am not crafty, artsy, etc.  However, with my HGTV and decorating blog addictions, I think I'm becoming a fairly decent decorator.  Slowly but surely, and done on a tight budget (I'm challenging myself in that area, but it's been fun!)

I know I said I was going to put up more of my fall decorating pics, but I thought I'd wait until I'd finished up with that.  Plus, I did something spontaneous today and I wanted to share.  About a month ago, I bought a 9 x 12 artist canvas on sale for $1.00.  I'd seen a lot of ideas using those, and I had originally planned on covering it with some cool fabric.  However, something came over me today and I decided **Paint it** instead!  I didn't think it through (typical...), I just went for it.  Here it is.  Don't judge...
Paint left-over from many projects.  Trust me, there's more in another room.  On my list of things to clean/organize this winter.



The dollar canvas



Painter's tape put on haphazardly.  No, I didn't measure anything.  Again, just did it without thinking.  It may come back to bite me, we'll see.


The area when done.





Ok, so this is what it ended up looking like.  They are all shades of green, although they look like shades of  brown!  All are greens with brown tint, I suppose.  The dark is from my son's room - hunting theme, so it is like a dark green camoflage.  The other colors come from the dining area/back hall, the laundry/mud room, and the kitchen.  I'm not sure where it's going, but I guess it will fit in any of those places (except ds's room, as it's getting painted to be a guest room someday soon.)  I'm going to put a on second coat tonight, then I'll take off the tape and then re-tape and finish it tomorrow or Thursday.  Of course I'll post my results.  Unless they're really crappy :)



This is a window I bought a couple weeks ago for $2 at a flea market.  I painted it the green from ds's room and am planning on hanging it in my re-done upstairs bathroom.  It doesn't have a window, so this is the next best thing???  Maybe I'll put the picture with it...
When I brought it home I sat it by the car while unpacking the day's goods, and the door closed accidentally and broke out a pane of glass.  Now I have to get a new pane and some window putty.  Getting kind of expensive for a cheap window!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi SalPal :) It's Amanda from the Penny Parlor. Thank you the comment on the coffee filter wreath. I wasn't sure where to respond to your comment. I thought you would def. see it on your own blog. Yes, I put a bead of glue on the bottom center of the filter. Curve and bunch the ruffled part to make a "rosette" shape and glue them close together so there are no gaps. I just glued some flat to the back to cover the foam form. That way it could hang flat against the wall. The wreath would look great over the window pictured above!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete