My Little Corner of the Web

What does a 50-year old retiree do with her time? This is my little area to talk about thrifting, repurposing, cleaning, organizing, decorating, gardening, cooking, family, and whatever strange and unusual thoughts come to mind. My dd and ds have both moved out, so it is just DH and me living out here on 20 acres near a small town in Missouri. My sister-in-law and I are going to open a booth at a local fleamarket/antique mall, so I am excited to work on all kinds of fun projects :) I hope you enjoy and find something of interest.







Thursday, October 21, 2010

Fall

I love fall.  I love fall this year more than ever before.  I'm not sure why that is.  When I was teaching and the kids were younger, I was so busy with starting school and all their activities, I never paid much attention to the season.  The last couple of years, I've worked and been so busy helping with the HS football team (feeding them, that is,) that I still didn't realize how beautiful the season was.


Beautiful Autumn Picture

This is the first year I've been able to step back and really breathe in the season.  I've done all this decorating, and I can't seem to stop!  I've been out walking in our woods and found things growing I never knew were there. 


Beautiful Autumn Picture

I've been savoring the apple cider, and I can't wait to bake some pumpkin muffins this weekend.  I love opening the windows at night and burrowing down into the blankets. 

Here's the bottom line.  I never thought of fall as a great season.  Now I think it's my favorite.  How about you?  I'm off to get some more apple cider :)

No comments:

Post a Comment