My Little Corner of the Web

What does a 50-year old retiree do with her time? This is my little area to talk about thrifting, repurposing, cleaning, organizing, decorating, gardening, cooking, family, and whatever strange and unusual thoughts come to mind. My dd and ds have both moved out, so it is just DH and me living out here on 20 acres near a small town in Missouri. My sister-in-law and I are going to open a booth at a local fleamarket/antique mall, so I am excited to work on all kinds of fun projects :) I hope you enjoy and find something of interest.







Sunday, October 17, 2010

Why we clean

I have been gone/subbing/busy for the last week.  Thursday was my only day off.  I made a list, turned on my timer, and got it all done!  I was so pleased when it was all done, and felt like we all feel when we've done a good job.  Why is this important?  I always think "...it will be clean if someone just stops by."  How often does that really happen? And, I don't know about you, but people only "just stop by" when my house is a mess, anyway!  What's up with that??  Anyway, I am working on not worrying about that.  I'm worrying about how I feel.  After all, isn't it all about me?????  Being in my home makes me endlessly happy.  Being in my home when it's nice and clean, well, that makes me feel just short of heaven.  Where did I ever get the idea that I was working for people who stop by?  The only people who 'just stop by' are my friends, and their houses are semi-messy, too.  So, I need to learn to relax about my house-cleaning.  It's done for me, and if it's not done perfectly or always, that's ok.  It's still home.

No comments:

Post a Comment