My Little Corner of the Web

What does a 50-year old retiree do with her time? This is my little area to talk about thrifting, repurposing, cleaning, organizing, decorating, gardening, cooking, family, and whatever strange and unusual thoughts come to mind. My dd and ds have both moved out, so it is just DH and me living out here on 20 acres near a small town in Missouri. My sister-in-law and I are going to open a booth at a local fleamarket/antique mall, so I am excited to work on all kinds of fun projects :) I hope you enjoy and find something of interest.







Monday, August 23, 2010

She loves me (or, rather, my cooking!)

Dd came to visit today, and I took her shopping for her birthday.  She'll be 20 next month ~ hard to believe!  She lives about 45 min. away in a house with some friends, and will be starting school to become a massage therapist next week.

She decided to stay for dinner, and while I was cooking, she copied down several of the recipes in my box.  This from a girl who would never come in the kitchen with me!  As she was going through the recipes, she kept oooohing and aaahhhhing and telling me how much she loved my food.  I guess it took her moving away and cooking for herself and her friends to appreciate me.  So for those of you out there with teen-agers, they do come around and and finally appreciate you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment