My Little Corner of the Web

What does a 50-year old retiree do with her time? This is my little area to talk about thrifting, repurposing, cleaning, organizing, decorating, gardening, cooking, family, and whatever strange and unusual thoughts come to mind. My dd and ds have both moved out, so it is just DH and me living out here on 20 acres near a small town in Missouri. My sister-in-law and I are going to open a booth at a local fleamarket/antique mall, so I am excited to work on all kinds of fun projects :) I hope you enjoy and find something of interest.







Monday, October 10, 2011

Bluebirds

Busy today and not a lot of time to get online.  We're getting new carpeting through a lot of the house, so I've been working on getting stuff ready to move out of rooms, and getting ready to pull up old carpet (which we are doing ourselves.)

I was sitting outside on a "break" today and saw something similar to this:

This is a birdhouse dh built me for mother's day several years ago.  It sits in the back of my garden right off our pergola.  This summer, this lovely pair of bluebirds nested here, right in front of our eyes - it was so exciting!!!  (We are obviously easily amused...)  DH cleaned this house out this weekend (bluebirds only nest in a clean house) and the birds were back checking it out today!!  I hope they come back here to nest next summer.  Wonder if they're on their way south???

A couple of shots from my seat on the pergola.  You can see how close the birdhouse is to us.  These pics were taken in June...the garden looks a lot different now in October!

No comments:

Post a Comment