My Little Corner of the Web

What does a 50-year old retiree do with her time? This is my little area to talk about thrifting, repurposing, cleaning, organizing, decorating, gardening, cooking, family, and whatever strange and unusual thoughts come to mind. My dd and ds have both moved out, so it is just DH and me living out here on 20 acres near a small town in Missouri. My sister-in-law and I are going to open a booth at a local fleamarket/antique mall, so I am excited to work on all kinds of fun projects :) I hope you enjoy and find something of interest.







Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Guest Room

We (I) are changing our daughter's room into a guest room.  I am SO excited, as I can finally do a room the way I want to - no-one else telling me what "they" want in there.  I am giving you a sneek peek of one of the pieces going in there:
I found this bench at a flea market for $20.  This is it hosed off (and the mud-dauber nest sprayed off of it :))  I have it partly painted and have all the batting to make several pillows for it.  I am so excited!!

Here it is cleaned off.  I used a mixture of about 3/4 vinegar and 1/4 Dawn, and a stiff brush.  I was going to strip the black paint off, but I decided to just sand it down, paint gray over the black, and distress it so the black will come through.  I'll keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment