My Little Corner of the Web

What does a 50-year old retiree do with her time? This is my little area to talk about thrifting, repurposing, cleaning, organizing, decorating, gardening, cooking, family, and whatever strange and unusual thoughts come to mind. My dd and ds have both moved out, so it is just DH and me living out here on 20 acres near a small town in Missouri. My sister-in-law and I are going to open a booth at a local fleamarket/antique mall, so I am excited to work on all kinds of fun projects :) I hope you enjoy and find something of interest.







Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Candle organization

I have a thing for candles, as I'm sure many of you do.  I have a tart warmer that always has a candle in it when I'm home - it's located in a central location in the living room, so the smell goes all throughout the first floor:
All my candles and 'candle stuff' are in a basket under that table.  Today I got a new shipment of Yankee Votives, so on a whim I decided to clean out the basket.  Ummmmm, there were magazines and catalogs in there from 2004.  Need I say more???
I didn't take a before picture (I always think of these things too late..), but here is a picture of what all was in that basket:
The 9x13 pan is left-over from my cabinet clean-out yesterday,  the plants were brought in to avoid the freeze, and the bowl by them contains chocolate muffins :).  The other stuff was all in there.  After washing out the basket, I re-filled it with just actual candles that had been organized:
It's not much, but it's one more little place in my house that is organized.  I cleaned it on a whim, but it does make me feel just a little better.  That's not a bad thing!

And now here is my bar after I got everything put its place:
That's a big ole beautiful blue ball jar full of zinnias from the yard.  It's supposed to be in the low to mid-30's the next three nights, so that will probably be the end of my flowers.  I've covered the mums, but I picked all the zinnias that were still in good shape and brought them in so I could keep just a little more summer around :)

I'm attempting to link up to Organizing Junkie's 52 weeks of organizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment