My Little Corner of the Web

What does a 50-year old retiree do with her time? This is my little area to talk about thrifting, repurposing, cleaning, organizing, decorating, gardening, cooking, family, and whatever strange and unusual thoughts come to mind. My dd and ds have both moved out, so it is just DH and me living out here on 20 acres near a small town in Missouri. My sister-in-law and I are going to open a booth at a local fleamarket/antique mall, so I am excited to work on all kinds of fun projects :) I hope you enjoy and find something of interest.







Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Lamp re-do

I have several projects going on right now for the new guest bedroom.  I was going to look for a new lamp, but then took a look at the lamp that my dd had in that room when we first moved in and it was an 'angel' theme room;
I decided it was a neat lamp and I would paint it.  But wait!  I realized that the top and bottom had cool artwork on them that I wanted to keep, so I'd just paint the middle 'angel' part.

Isn't that cute?  I just couldn't cover it.  So, I taped it up and painted the middle part:



I like how it turned out!  Now for the shade.  I thought I'd give painting a try - can't hurt!  Then if it doesn't work, I can go to Dollar General and buy one...
So I taped the top and bottom of the lamp and spray painted the shade 2 coats of white.  I didn't get a picture of it, but it looked good enough to work for awhile.  So, to see it all together, I put on the shade and turned it on:
BWAHAHA!!  The picture came right through the paint!!!!  WTF?  I had to laugh and call it a great lamp base.... I'll just plan on going to Dollar General and spending $5 on a new shade.  Alas, better than buying a whole new lamp :)
Another fun make-over.  I just love this stuff!! 

I finished up a couple other projects today... something to post about tomorrow, although Thursday is a busy day/evening for me.  Peace ♥

Linking up at

No comments:

Post a Comment