My Little Corner of the Web

What does a 50-year old retiree do with her time? This is my little area to talk about thrifting, repurposing, cleaning, organizing, decorating, gardening, cooking, family, and whatever strange and unusual thoughts come to mind. My dd and ds have both moved out, so it is just DH and me living out here on 20 acres near a small town in Missouri. My sister-in-law and I are going to open a booth at a local fleamarket/antique mall, so I am excited to work on all kinds of fun projects :) I hope you enjoy and find something of interest.







Sunday, October 9, 2011

Painting plastic

Here I am, 2 days in a row!  I know I can make myself do this.  Since I've retired, I seem to be on "whatever..." time -- Not that I'm complaining.

My parents just left, they came up to celebrate my mom's 81st birthday.  She has not been very well this summer.  I hope she comes out of it and that this is not the beginning of the end :(

Enough!  I'm going to do a short post today to show you how I painted plastic.  The guy who owns the local pool/hot-tub place GAVE us some great plastic containers with screw-on lids.  We use the large one to put chicken food in, and had 2 left for the dog and cat food:

I taped off the top part and used the "Rustoleum plastic" paint you see in the picture.  I had to wipe them down with alcohol, but that was it.  I sprayed one coat, waited a couple hours, then sprayed another coat.  THAT'S IT!

 Do you feel like you have a crick in your neck?  I don't know why this picture won't rotate.  Ah, well, you get the idea :)
This is where these buckets "live."  In the laundry room, where the animals eat.  They are great containers for pet food, and I think they look SOOO much better painted than they looked before.

So that's my quick project and quick post for today.  I still have some of this paint left and I'm sure I'll find something else to use it on ;).  Hope you've had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment