My Little Corner of the Web

What does a 50-year old retiree do with her time? This is my little area to talk about thrifting, repurposing, cleaning, organizing, decorating, gardening, cooking, family, and whatever strange and unusual thoughts come to mind. My dd and ds have both moved out, so it is just DH and me living out here on 20 acres near a small town in Missouri. My sister-in-law and I are going to open a booth at a local fleamarket/antique mall, so I am excited to work on all kinds of fun projects :) I hope you enjoy and find something of interest.







Sunday, October 16, 2011

pillows made from dish towels

Surprise!  I haven't blogged for a few days.  I will try to make up for it today.  I just can't get to the computer every day.  I'll try to do better :)

Friday I had the best time making pillows!!  I want to pretty up the bench I showed you in the last post.  Here's what I got for my birthday:
I thought I had a better picture, but yes, it is a new sewing machine - with 88 pre-programmed stitches.  That's probably 86 more than I'll use :) 

Anyhoo...I ordered the comforter for the bed in the guest room from Target.  When I was in Target the other day, lo and behold, there was a set of kitchen towels that matched my comforter!!!  I was way too excited there on the spot over kitchen towels!!!  The pic above is the very same print, and here are the other 2 towels that came in the set:

I had 12x12 and 14x14 pillow inserts, and found that the 14x14 were too big, so I had to go with the smaller ones.  I'll do something different with the larger pillows.
I hate to stuff pillows, so I sewed each with an envelope close.  Here's the first one:

Sooooo, my computer is not letting me upload my photos.  I'm going to publish this and then see if I can start a new post to finish this.  This is why I don't blog as much - it takes forever to upload one photo....grrrr.  I wish I knew more about computers and could figure out my problem :)

No comments:

Post a Comment